Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Friday, July 21, 2006

Okay, Caribou on Sunday at 2'ish!

I figured this might be the best way to let Kristin know that Julie and I are going to be at Caribou on Sunday. I'm also going to e-mail her but she might not get the e-mail this late. Don't suppose you Marcy - or you Arati - would like to join us? Of course Arati - I've been keeping my eye on Ross' blog and I know that you've been very, very busy. Don't suppose you hit any of the many yarn stores in New York did you?

Of course VV and Mims - we'd love to have you join us. Seems so normal typing that but then I realize that you're so very, very far away. "Long Ago, and oh so far away, I fell in love with you before the second show. Your guitar it sounds so sweet and clear, but you're not really hear....." Okay, okay, I'll shut up. It's a Carpenter song. Don't suppose any of you young'ens remember The Carpenters? Hell, every wedding I went to between 1974 and 1980 had "We've Only Just Begun" played at it. Okay, so where in the hell am I going with this ramble? I have no idea. I think I'm just excited about having a weekend and being able to knit more than I'm able to on weeknights.

I'll shut up now. If I don't talk to you or see you - have a great weekend girls!

Oh! I have a CHristopher story. This is a clear indication that the child watches too much TV. He likes to swim under the rope, at the pool, over the deep end. The other day he went to the rope and grabbed it and right before he went under the water to get to the other side he looked at us and said, very dramatically and seriously "Please - tell my family I love them". I mean I suppose that the big death scene. Anyway, have a great weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger vv said...

i totally love the carpenters, and that's my favorite carpenter's song!


have fun sunday, i wish i could be there.

miss you all

2:45 PM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Now see, it's a karma thing. What's on the knitting agenda for you this weekend? Also, where's Mims? Haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks.

4:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

1:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home