Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

i got your pictures right here

before i get to the fibers, a week and a half ago joe, sarah (my sister) and i did one of my all-time favorite hikes, mirror lake. it's only about 4 miles (the 1st 2 are up, then you turn around and head down) but all of it is gorgeous. at the top of the trail there is a little lake that gives you a great reflection of mount hood when you're standing on the right side. i only took a point-and-shoot, so the lake pics are over exposed, but here are a couple from the trail that turned out a little bit better:





back to fiber related stuff, here's the bag that i got last week and the new lys.



and here is the yarn i bought a couple weeks before that at a fabulous sale at a different lys. the color of the rosey yarn is pretty off. in real life it's more earthy. and i just noticed a couple days ago that the skeins do not match at all. one of them has a really dark color in it that is no where at in the other. oh well. they are destined to be my first lace shawl.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I'm with you. Who cares about the difference in colors. You can always alternate skeins in the shawl. The colors are beautiful! The hike. Wow. The photos are beautiful. I have great respect for you because the thought of hiking up hill for 2 miles doesn't really thrill me. Keep me posted on the shawl!

9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

8:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

8:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

8:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home