Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Saturday, July 22, 2006

i also love the carpenters. i only know a couple of songs (they were favorites of some counselors at summer camp when i was a kid), but they're great to torture my husband with on long drives.

and bev, can you hook me up with the new shawl pattern from a couple of posts ago? one of my lys had the big summer sale a couple weeks ago and i bought over 1300 yards (in just 2 skeins) of the most beautiful blue moon yarn. it peru in the colorway ruby slippers. it's 100% alpaca. i could just sit and pet the skein for hours...

and speaking of lys, i can't believe it, but i found yet another one on monday. it apparently opened back in february. i haven't even been out to the suburbs and i've now found 7 different stores and my boss (who doesn't knit) was telling me about another one this week. craziness. i bought a bag at the store i found on monday. it's woven and has a really thick strap so it's comfy. i'm using it as a purse. and the owner gave a 10% discount and a really cute beaded stitch marker. i have no idea why, but i'll take it!

and someone hook me up with the address of ross' blog. i've got to get into the loop here. everyone in raleigh, have a great time knitting at caribou, i wish i could be there with y'all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Mims I can pdf you the pattern on Monday or mail it to you. Just give me your e-mail address. Ross' blog address is easy to get to. It's a link on VV's blog - A year in stitches. Over on the right hand side. It's really so cute and about the only way I can keep up with what Arati's doing these days. Miss seeing her. Really anxious to hear about her New York trip. Anyway, the yarn sounds awesome. Be sure to post a picture at some point. About the yarn stores - unfreakinbelievable! I mean, we still have the measly two around here and I can never get to Carol's anymore. I drop in at Great yarns just to give myself the feeling that I actually have a yarn store in town but I buy all my yarn and patterns almost exclusively online now. It's a shame. Wish I could open a store of my own, with a coffee/tea bar and comfy sofas, etc. Anyway, send me your e-mail address. My e-mail address is breynolds@kennedycovington.com. Miss you!

5:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

7:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

11:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

1:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

12:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home