Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Knitting failure

I finished the Somewhat Cowl last night, and it came out terrible -- for me. I made the smallest size, and it's way too big for me. I had the correct gauge, too. The sleeves are baggy. It's shapeless in the middle. The neckline looks ugly. I can't even stand to look at it. It's a disappointment, as I had hoped to wear it to Maryland. But oh, well. I try to remember what my knitting guru (VV) told me once: It's not the product but the process that matters.

I may just stick to knitting accessories from now on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I'm sorry. Unwind it immediately. Erase all evidence. Then start a new project with the yarn right away. I did that once right after finishing a crappy-looking sweater, and it did make me feel better.

1:35 PM

 
Blogger vv said...

you know what, it's not you, its the pattern. i finished my somewhat cowl and i loved it, then i started noticing all these little things and i think it was the way she wrote the pattern.

this girl i think figured out a better way of knitting it.
http://savannahchik.typepad.com/knitting/2006/04/fo_somewhat_cow_1.html

1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home