Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

redemption (of a sort)

okay, this whole ssk/s1.k1 psso thing has really been bugging me. i search all over the internet and i found this ...

Knit Decreases
Ssk (slip, slip, knit) – left slanting decrease

S1, k1, psso (slip one, knit one, pass slipped stitch over) – left slanting decrease
THIS IS IDENTICAL TO SSK IN RESULT, BUT THE STEPS ARE DONE IN ANOTHER ORDER.

this makes me feel a lot better.

except i got this nugget of information off a website that seems to have some wiccan connection.

but i'm going to look beyond that.

2 Comments:

Blogger mims said...

sorry to be such a hard core dumb ass, but where is the decrease in slipping 2 stitches and knitting one. don't you still have 3 stitches? i think i've always done s1k1psso when i've seen ssk in the instructions.

2:00 AM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

I thought that you knit the two together after you slipped them. Darn those wiccans and their instructions. I say this of course as I'm holding a cross across my chest for safe keeping. That and a little garlic. Oops,the garlic is for vampires. You'd think I'd know this stuff since I was so in love with "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home