Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Monday, February 20, 2006

VV - Now you've got me loving the "Glad" pattern!

We met at Kristin's Mom's on Sunday (we're calling it "Starbucks South"). Her place is beautiful. Anyway, she had a laptop so I went to the blog and read some of your entries (and Mims') out loud. I am loving the lime green! Checked the Glad pattern out further on a couple of sites and now I've gotta make it. Just one more pattern to obsess over. I'm ready to start on knitandtonic's "not so shrunken cardigan" pattern. Of course I say that and I haven't purchased the yarn yet. I think that Alex would really like it though. Still waiting "not so patiently" for my Knit Pixie purchases - the Mac & Me "Yoga Sock" pattern and the Lorna's Laces worsted yarn. Should get here today. Of course you may remember that I always say that I will never knit socks again. I just really want to make these for my niece Maggie, the dancer. I bought the #3 and #5 double points for the pattern and now I'm just waiting. Will she or won't she finish the darn things? We'll see. Finally getting ready to find off on the ruffle on the Cornelia Tuttle/Noro "Sursa" shawl pattern. I used the Brooks Farm yarn that I bought in Maryland specifically for the shawl. I think it's going to turn out well. Of course I didn't notice until about 2 weeks ago that the yarn sheds terribly! I was wearing black and it was allll over me!

Julie has finishe picking up stitches on Andrew's vest. It looks fabulous! Marcie's still working on the tiny needles over-the-knee socks. Kristin is swatching for something but I can't remember what. Her Mom is working on a bag I believe. Anyway, that's about it. Talk to you guys again soon. Mims: Great work on the sweater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home