Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Monday, December 05, 2005

for your holiday wishlists...

i thought i'd pass along my two favorite knitting things in case you needed something knitterly on your wishlist.

1.) Barbara G. Walker's 'Knitting from the Top'

I know, my motto is totally judge a book by its cover, and I'm totally breaking my own mantra, because is this book cover UGLY. Magenta turtleneck and acid wash jeans. My jeans don't even want to touch the book for fear of getting some acid on them. But it is a really fantastic read. Barbara G. Walker has become my knitting guru. She's a genius.


2.) Elizabeth Zimmermann and Meg Swanson's Knitting DVD

So helpful. And it would have been so much more helpful to my eyes if Liz got a manicure. But her untidy cuticles is about the worse thing I can say about this EXTREMELY HELPFUL DVD. There are no Hollywood effects, and Martha Stewart, they are not, but I now know how to knit and purl continental, in addition to STEEK. and they explain entralac, but I'm not sure I'm going to attempt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home