Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Monday, October 31, 2005

I suppose "girlfriend" is an alias and VV - oh the sweet monkey!

Mims, I am so happy for you on your new spinning wheel purchase! Be sure to post a picture of yourself with it when you get it. VV, I googled for the monkey and found a free pattern but also found the Sirdar site where you can purchase a kit. Did you print a free pattern or purchase a pattern? I am going to try and make one. I probably have some perfect yarn around somewhere. He is so, so cute. Of course it would be a great present for Christopher for Christmas but I don't know if I could get to it in time. I'd still like to make the Knit & Tonic shortist shrug/cardigan that you shared with me - not for myself but for one of the girls. I've decided that I have a love-hate relationship with Knit and Tonic. I get so disgusted at her bragging sometimes but I can't keep myself away. Her's is the first blog I go to each day. My other favorite if Crazy Aunt Purl. She is hilarious.

Well, I worked mainly on Christopher's pullover/hoodie this weekend and a bit on a shawl (just to break the monotony of damn stockinette stitch!). I couldn't put the pullover down because he kept talking about it and he wanted to take it and show it to Nicole and to my father. I'd better get the darn thing finished! I never thought of myself as a particularly slow knitter but I'm beginning to think that I'm slower than I thought or maybe it's just htat I'm so easily distracted. Okay, I'm off to do some work. Beep back girls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home