Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Hi girls!

Well Mim, sounds like you're going to be spinning like a pro before you know it! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I don't have access to a computer at home (it died and I have no idea when I'll be able to afford another one - needless to say - Alex is having a heart attack) so I normally try to post before I leave on Friday and just couldn't think of anything much to say yesterday - which I know is highly unusual! As for the Wed. night crew. Julie and Andrew have a bunch of stuff going on for the next several weeks. Andrew's brother is engaged and there's something going on along those lines so we just had to have a sort of cut-off date. I'm assuming that we'll resume again after the New Year - whether there or somewhere new. Saw Kristin in the grocery store a few days ago and she told me that she wanted to get with me (and whoever else) and meet somewhere on WEd. nights if possible. I haven't seen or talked to Arati in so long and I miss her. It's been even longer since I've talked to Marcie. I've kept an eye on her N&O blog though. I think that everyone just has so much going on. Julie and Andrew were the only ones that could make it this past weekend to the fiber festival in Asheville and I haven't been able to get up with her to see what she purchased. I spoke with her Friday afternoon and I know she was excited about going. I'm now excited about what she bought!

VV I was showing someone the other night the small hank of cashmere that I got from you one night. It's just a leftover bit but everyone was oohing and aahing over it. I just want to hang it around my neck. No one could believe that somene I knew had actually "spun" it. See how impressive the whole spinning thing is. It's not enough to make a scarf but people have suggested that I use it around the next of a sweater or around the wrists of gloves. Of course I just can't imagine myself making gloves - what with those dreaded double points and all. I may have to break down though. Then again - I just love looking at it and hanging it around my neck. Maybe I'll start a new yarn trend - you just hang hanks around your neck! LOL.

Okay girls - your turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home