Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Okay, per usual, where is everyone?

I thought for sure that since our computer at home is kaput that I'd be missing a bunch of blog entries. Arati you brave soul! I'm so impressed that you lengthened the sleeves. I would have just said "pull, pull"! I sat on my fanny most of the weekend too scared to use gas and waiting for Jefferson to grace me with a phone call to tell me that he was sending daycare money. The phone call has yet to be made. I did, however, finish all but the edging/border on the Sursa shawl. It's the most unique pattern - at least my my opinion. I just need some assistance (pep talk?) getting started on the ruffled edging. It's not so much the picking up of stitches but suggests that you skip the yarn overs and I can't, for the life of me, tell where the yarn overs are on the edging. It all looks exactly the same to me along the edge. It was such a quick knit and we all know how wonderful the Brooks Farm yarn is to work with - I just couldn't put it down. I did work some more on Christopher's sweater. The stockinette is looking great but I realize that with the needles I"m using (can't remember but think they're 6's) I feel like it will take me forever! At least it's mindless knitting so I can get in a few rows fairly often without worrying about losing my place. Just have to remember to measure. It would not be the first time that I was supposed to stop at say - oh - 16 inches - and just kept going until I realized I had knitted 20 darn inches or so!

Julie, tell Diane, if you talk to her that she needs to get some of those digital pictures of Amelia Rose on the blog!

Kristen, did you guys get home Sunday? Hope you've heard by now that I didn't know that Zack and Todd were standing almost in front of me Sat. (at Nick's house) until we had left. I think I must have yelled at poor Alex for 15 minutes. I couldn't believe she didn't point them out to me but of course she said "I thought you knew who they were". My response of course was "If I knew who they were do you think I not going to ask about the baby and introduce myself to Todd?!". Of course - kids - they don't pay attention to anything. I'm just sorry that I didn't get to introduce myself and get info. on Amelia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home