Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Knitted Babes!



Marcy brought the great new Knitted Babes book to knit night. Just wanted to let you guys know that there is actually a knitted babe knit-along and a website for the knitted babes: knittedbabes.blogspot.com and www.knittedbabes.com. This weeks Knitters Review newsletter features a review of this book. I"m thinking that we need to each knit one of these so that we can have a picture on our blog of all of "us" lined up like this. The Knitters Review review made them sound so simple that even a scaredy cat like me might try it. Yet another knitting book that I will feel like I just have to own! You have to get Julie to tell you her "Knitted Embellisments" story. Laugh out loud funny - mostly because we can all relate to it.

Anyway, I forgot to show you guys the progress on my "Sursa" shawl last night. It's the neatest pattern. It called for Noro Silk Garden and Cash Iroha but I'm using one of the Brooks Farm yarns that Julie helped me pick out in Maryland and I'm using Misti Alpaca Sportweight for the trim. Here's a picture of the general construction of the shawl. Of course I feel that I need a faded jean jacket now to make it complete. I still can't figure out how to get the pictures to go where I want them darnit.

Gotta run. Kristin - we really missed you last night. Having your Mom there was great. Kiss Amelia Rose for me. You Mom showed us her picture and I have to say that she is absolutely gorgeous - but then - you know that already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home