Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Monday, September 26, 2005

I'm so jealous

So I didn't get to go to the fiber festival with Mims. Here's rundown of what happened.

6:15 p.m. Frantically trying to finish up some projects at work so I can make it home and pack to head to Portland.

6:20 p.m. My brother calls me at work and told me his family and he have been stuck around the airport because their flight had mechanical problems.

6:21 p.m. Thinking how ridiculous it is my brother is calling me now with this information, because I thought he left the state 4 days ago.

6:50 p.m. At home, thumbing through some papers trying to find Mims' phone number.

6:55 p.m. Frantically apologizing to Mims about not being able to go to Portland, on account my brother is in town still. (And he leaves for Iraq in October for a year)

7:10 p.m. My brother calls me and asks if I could bring some laundry detergent with me to the hotel they are staying at cause they have no clean clothes.

7:50 p.m. Lost somewhere near Sea Tac airport trying to find their hotel.

8:15 p.m. Drive into the parking lot of their hotel. Turns out they want to go to Target to get a few more things.

8:50 p.m. Lost, trying to find the Target in Sea Tac.

9:00 p.m. Walk into the Target. My nephew wants juice. My sister-in-law starts looking at the hat and mittens. My brother gets some juice for my nephew.

9:01 p.m. I can't find my brother, my sister-in-law nor my nephew.

9:55 p.m. In line paying for some trains from Thomas the train, some baby clothes and some DVDs.

10:30 p.m. At IHOP eating some potato pancakes, trying to use up all the money for my brother's family's compensation package from the airline.

11:20 p.m. Driving home from Sea Tac, thinking about how I would be at Mims' house at that moment.

Saturday

8:20 a.m. Get a call from my brother saying there should be a flight today.

10 a.m. Al and I play with my nephew, who by this time can say 'uncle al and auntie' quite well. He shows Al the trains he got at the Target trip the night before.

10:30 a.m. IHOP again. This time I order the clam strips. Apparently, my brother and his family were there earlier, because the waitress recognized them.

11 a.m. Borders, hanging out with my nephew. He's very interested in the books about sharks.

Noon. The airline called and wants them to be in the waiting area by 2 p.m.

1:15. Say goodbye to my brother and his family.

6:30 p.m. My brother calls and says they haven't left and he's waiting for their bags to get off the carosel.

7:15 p.m. Pick up my brother and we go to the hotel that the airline put his family up in.

7:45 p.m. Lost, trying to find the hotel.

8 p.m. Drop my brother off and say goodbye again.

9:30 p.m. At a bar with some friends drinking a gin and tonic.

I guess my brother is in Japan now, since I haven't gotten a call since. What a weekend. I guess I feel better about the 90 bucks I spent at the yarn store right before I was suppose to go to the festival.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Okay VV. I am laughing out loud here. I loved your post! You might be on your way to a novel here! Seriously though. What a weekend! Most importantly - you most definitely were due the $90 worth of yarn!

9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home