Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Monday, September 19, 2005

The Curse of the Knitting Addiction!

Will it never end?! Do I actually want it to end?! Okay - I have a daycare evening event that I have to go to tonight at Christopher's daycare. They're serving hot dogs and we're re-meeting the teachers, etc. First of all I'm having to give up my once a month book group meeting for this. They didn't bother to let us know about it until Friday evening when we were picking our kids up. Okay - here's where the addictin part comes in. I didn't bring any knitting with me for the sitting-around-and-listening-to-the-director-talk part. What was I thinking when I left the house this morning?! Then I started thinking - heck, I could run past hte yarn store before the event and pick up something things for a "small" project. That would mean I'd have to buy overpriced needles and some yarn and a pattern (or I could find a free pattern on the net). How damn pathetic is that?! I have enough yarn and needles and projects at home to last me for years. Let me say that I'm not going to do this. But I actually did think about it. I just can't bear to sit anywhere and listen to someone talk without having my knitting in my hands.

Okay, I've vented and confessed now. I don't feel better but I do realize that I need to get home and stay up too late, as usual, so that I can knit. And ooh - "Medium" comes on tonight - a new episode! I'm so excited. Love Patricia Arquette and she won an Emmy last night! Okay, I'm off to get some work done and then on to a fun-filled evening of nodding and smiling at other parents. Luckily Julie will be there tonight but if she brings knitting with her I'm going to be really jealous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home