Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Yarn Cocktails!

Check this out: http://www.anastasiaknits.com/ It's just one of the pictures/pattern. You've got to check out the others. Cute site/concept.

Okay, I really don't have anything terribly knitterly and/or interesting to say but I guess I feel that it is my duty, as a knitwits blogger, that I blog something. I'm still feeling crappy over the whole car repair vs. beach vacation so my pitty party has not yet ended. I take the car in tomorrow so I'll have that fun (I'm sure you've all experienced it) of waiting for the call from the repair shop giving you the "estimate". I always dread that happy voice, when you drop your car off, saying "we'll call you sometime this morning with an estimate". You sit there thinking my future (well - okay - my next two weeks or so) hinge on this phone call.

Jefferson phoned me this morning saying that he wanted to go by daycare and pick up Christopher for the afternoon. Of course I realized that Christopher still has his toenails painted and is wearing sandals. I told Jefferson and told him not to say a damn thing because Christopher will be so upset and will not want to spend any time with him. I could tell that Jefferson was not happy. Damn him, damn him.

Okay, I feel a bit better just blogging to you guys. Kind of like having an online therapist! I'm going home tonight and I'm determined to knit until I'm dizzy!

Oh, one more things. Nicole just got a new waitressing job - at a place in Garner called "High Beams". The name should have told me something. It's like a "Hooters" she told me - only they wear skirts instead of short-shorts. I'm assuming it's "short-skirts" but was afraid to ask.

Needless to say I'm ready to knit myself into a tight ball and roll away somewhere - preferably somewhere with alcohol!

3 Comments:

Blogger vv said...

Oh my Beverly, I hope you get through all of this. I personally think Christopher's toe nails is kind of cute. But maybe that's because I'm a girl.

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Oh, it will all be fine. I've been through worse so this is just a little bump in the road. Christopher's actually going to be spending the night away from home for two nights in a row starting tonight so I'm a nervous wreck but a bit excited. KNitting here I come!

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Kristin said...

High Beams? That's hilarious. Wonder what the job interview was like? Well, I'll bet she makes good tips there.

The toenails are also funny. Jefferson will just have to get over it.

I really hope your car is cheap and that you find a way to unwind at the beach somehow, even if you have to camp.

8:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home