Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Waiting...

I'm just hanging around waiting for my entire world to change, so not much excitement to blog about. On Monday, the doctor said baby is still head down and I'm dilated 2 cm and 90 percent effaced. Not bad. My mom and I spent most of today running errands. I was having some Braxton Hicks contractions, I think, so I guess that's a good sign. Still haven't finished the cashmere mitttens. Maybe that's why the baby hasn't come. She knows I'm supposed to finish those before she's born. So maybe if I hurry up and get them done, she'll decide to come on out. I'll work on that tonight.

Beverly, I wanted to tell you that you can read and knit at once. Go to Quail Ridge and get one of those book pillows with little straps that hold the book open. Then you can just lie the pillow on your lap and read while you knit. Of course, it doesn't work too well if you're knitting lace or something, but it's worth a try.

Anyway, if I'm still not in labor tomorrow, is anyone interested in getting together to knit a bit, since it is Wednesday night at all? We could meet somewhere like the Third Place. Leave me a comment if you're interested.

6 Comments:

Blogger arati said...

I'd be interested in meeting you, Kristen. I could meet you somewhere around 8 or 8:30.

5:25 PM

 
Blogger arati said...

P.S. Thanks for the mitten pattern. I'm sorry I missed your dropping it off at my house.

5:26 PM

 
Blogger Kristin said...

OK, I'll check with Beverly and see if she wants to come too. My mom will also be with me. Do you want to meet at Third Place? Not sure how crowded they get. I'm open to other suggestions too.

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

I'm kind of up in the air about tonight. I had told Fawn (of the Helios Stitch & Bith) that I might stop by there tonight to say hello but now that you guys are talking about meeting then I'd rather meet you of course. However, - always the "however" - I'm working late tonight (yipee - overtime pay!) until 7:00 and not sure if I actually have a babysitter or not tonight. Jefferson is in town and is picking Christopher up from school for me so maybe he can keep him a while longer tonight. Keep me posted on what you decide.

10:11 AM

 
Blogger arati said...

Third Place sounds good to me. I haven't been there in a long time, so I don't know whether it will be crowded, either. But I say let's try it.

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Kristin said...

Well, my mom and I will just show up at the Third Place sometime around 8. Beverly, if you can come, that's great. If not, don't worry.

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home