Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Friday, August 26, 2005

Ross' sweater is complete


Here's Ross trying on his new placket-neck sweater made with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Cool. He is sort of leaning to the left, which may explain why the right sleeve looks a bit short. The sleeve length is OK, though not as long as I'd hoped. I made them longer by a couple of inches than what the pattern called for, but they still could have been a bit longer. Ross has long arms, I guess. I also made the body longer than the pattern said, hoping he could wear it two years, but now I doubt that because of the sleeves. Oh, well. You knit and learn.

3 Comments:

Blogger mims said...

can't figure out how to sign in...
sorry for the absence. joe apparently threw away the power cords for the hard drive and the monitor while unpacking, so there is no computer at home. i'm at work right now. i'm still working on my first sock. it feels like it'll never end, i don't know how i'll ever get around to making a mate for it! and last night i found instructions for picking up stitches in one of my books. i did it completely wrong on the sock, but i'm not really concerned.
portland is great. my new job is cool. my mother and i haven't killed each other yet. but that may happen next week after i paint my dining room orange this weekend. she doesn't like the color. it's not her diningroom so i don't see the problem there. miss you all. will buy new computer cords this weekend and then start posting much more often. vv-- how do you post pics?

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Hey Mims! So good to hear from you! Was wondering how you're doing. Orange dining room! Sounds wonderful to me. You'll definitely have to send pics - after you've figured it out of course. I still need to get Alex to show me how. Haven't a clue. I hated knitting socks. I still sort of feel guilty when I say that but there - I've said it. I really wanted to love making them but I absolutely hate it. Definitely keep up posted.

Oh sorry - I should be responding to Arati's wonderful sweater and pic. Ross is adorable in it - as always. I just want to know how the heck you finished it so fast. I just don't get it.

3:38 PM

 
Blogger arati said...

Beverly, knitting is my therapy, my meditation, my antidote to the computer. That's how I finished it quickly.

7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home