Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Monday, August 15, 2005

New needles

I went over to Great Yarns (is it still called that? I forgot to check) to get some size 7 dpns for the sleeves of Ross' placket-neck sweater. I used some aluminum ones someone had given me to do the newborn sweater sleeves, but they drove me crazy! Aluminum is way too slippery. Plus, the needles made a lot of noise. So I wanted some bamboo needles.

Instead, I got some rather pricey ($12.95) birch needles because they were the only choice. They're handmade by a couple in Pittsboro, N.C., of sustainable local wood, or something. They're light and smooth (but not slippery), and they're nice to use.

So, onto the sleeves!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Well, just knowing that they're made locally kind of makes the price more bearable. There's just something about working with handmade needles like that, that gives you a sort of calm feeling. At least for me. Looks like I might check Carol's next week and see if she has some a bit cheaper though.

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home