Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I'm alive

Thanks for the lovely poem, Beverly. Just wanted to let you guys know that I am surviving, though that's about all it is until Amelia can come home. You probably all know, but she was born with pneumonia and is still recovering at the hospital. She is getting better and will be just fine. But the wait to get her home is excruciating. I'm hoping for later this week, although it all depends how fast they can wean her off oxygen. She is the cutest baby in the world (except for all yours, of course), and I am desperate to have her here with me.

For now, I'm spending long days at the hospital. Todd's at work until Amelia comes home. My mom is serving as my taxi service, moral supporter and servant. Amelia is nursing wonderfully and generally being very sweet. All my spare moments are spent pumping, since my breasts are totally out of control. Motherhood so far has been quite an adventure.

Thank you all so much for the meals I hear are on the way. They are much needed and appreciated, since we have no time to do anything but shuttle back and forth to Amelia's bedside. I love you guys and thank you so much for caring about us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Okay, I'm crying now. I know that this whole thing has been so hard for you. Guess you don't have to worry about needing a break when you get her home - you're not going to want to put her down! We're here for absolutely anything you need - your Mom too. Please feel free to call on us. We love you - and sweet Amelia.

5:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home