Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Gold tank top done!

Sorry that I've been slack here at Yarngirls, but I just got back from a couple of days at the beach -- a spontaneous trip. But I'm back and blogging with a picture of me wearing the new tank top knitted with the goldish yarn Julie rightly persuaded to buy in Maryland.

The pattern is basically the Grumperina tank Beverly found -- though with some alterations. The best part about knitting this is that it was all one piece of yarn, so I had to weave in only two ends!! How great is that? I'll be wearing it to knit night tonight, and I plan to wear it to teach my classes -- which start a week from today! Yikes!

2 Comments:

Blogger mims said...

i don't know what's going on, but i can't log on as a member of this blog. it is driving me crazy!

we're in kansas right now. i gave my mother-in-law the purple wrap tonight and she loved it. i've been working on a shawl on the drive. it only increases a single stitch each row. is this normal? i feel like it'll be 7 feet long before it's wide enough. and the pattern called for size 13 needles, but i'm using size 15 cuz that's what i had. i didn't think it'd be a big deal because the yarn is so bulky, but the eyelets aren't showing up well at all. i'm hoping that blocking will fix that, but i don't have any idea. might start knitting socks tomorrow and wait to continue on the shawl till i hear any feedback about whether or not i'm an idiot for using different size needles.

arati, that tank is so cute, it looks great on you. and vv, who's the hat for, was the "r" done with intartia? (i have no idea how to spell or do that.)

and can anyone tell me how to post pics on this thing? i miss you all!

mims

11:34 PM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

About the shawl. If it's increasing every row then I'd think it was a triangular shawl. What pattern are you using? I don't that that the switch from 13 to 15 needles will make a difference. It will just be a looser fabric.

We missed you last night.

9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home