Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Get a look at this!

This is so neat. This is VV's Stitch & Pitch event. That could almost be VV sitting there knitting if you kind of squint when you look at the picture. It was taken by Jim somebody of the Seattle Times and was on the latest YarnMarket.com newletter. Anyway, I'm jealous of the whole event - although I have to admit that having something like this right now, with the weather being so damn hot, isn't that appealing. Julie and I are lucky during this additional 2 week swimming lessons that we signed the boys up for. They've put up a large white tent that we can sit under and believe me - compared to our first two weeks - it's like having outdoor airconditioning!

I'm going to say that i'm starting yet another shawl using a pattern i'm coming up with myself (well, can it really be "my own pattern" since I'll be using stitches that have been around forever?) but by the time you read this I may have changed my mind yet again.

Oh, almost forgot. There' s a net new website that will be running at the end of August. It's www.frenchgirlknits.com. It's there now but not much of anything. Anyway, I got an e-mail telling me that the opening had been delayed until August 1st but it also appears that they have local stores in yep - you guessed it - SEATTLE! I'm really beginning to think that we're all going to have to just move to Seattle. VV - you'll need to visit the shop for us and let us know what you think.

Anyway, got to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home