Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Funny Knitting Pic; Pic w/Kristin in mind; and Reminder




Okay, I'm sorry but this is absolutely hilarious to me. It was actually on a gal's blog saying that this was her father and her aunt had knitted it for him when he was a child. Doesn't he looks jus miserable?

Okay, I found the other one on the same blog and it made me think of Kristen and how we've been telling her that she will indeed be able to knit after the baby arrives.

Okay, I think I've finally decided on the pattern for a new shawl. Right when I should have been going to bed last night (I could barely keep my eyes open) I suddenly decide that I want to look through a basket of old patterns. I found a Heartstrings FiberArts pattern that I think I'd purchased from Great Yarns for a "Reversible Lace Cables Scarf". I e-mailed Jackie at Heartstrings to ask exactly how to increase it to a shawl and she immediately e-mailed me back with the correct number of stitches to add. I just think it will be beautiful with the Elsbeth Lavold "Silky Wool" that I just purchased from Loop - on sale by the way. At first touch the skein doesn't feel all that soft and I'd read on other blogs that it was really wonderful yarn. HOWEVER - after knitting a few rows in garter stitch I realized that it really softens up once you start working with it. Anyway, enough of that. I'm looking forward to seeing "whoever" tonight.

Ooh! Tonight's blocking night. Don't forget!

2 Comments:

Blogger arati said...

I'm not clear on "blocking night." Please explain!

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Remember. Julie had designated tonight as the night that Mims was to block her shawl so it was designated as the night for everyone to bring something that needs blocking - namely my two shawls that are still in a bag.

1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home