Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Commissioned baby sweater nearly done

I'll bring the miniature placket-neck sweater to show at knit night tonight. It's so small -- I hope not too small. I've forgotten how small newborns are -- maybe they are this small. I just have do some kitchener stitch on the armholes and weave in the ends, and I'll be done. I love the yarn I used: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Cool. Now I'm going to order some more Cool to make a larger size for Ross.

One thing I need advice on: The pattern calls for the use of three beads instead of buttons on the placket. I am concerned the beads might be a safety hazard if the baby pulls them off and puts them in his mouth. It looks good without beads. What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I had the same issue with mine and decided to leave it without beads. They would be cute, but I agree that they might be a bit risky. I'm also not sure about the theory of just pushing them through the knitted fabric. Plus, it's easier just not to do it, right?

I am in awe that that one ball of yarn was enough to make a whole sweater. I want to try that.

9:46 AM

 
Blogger arati said...

Well, the one ball of yarn was enough to make a newborn sweater. For Ross', I ordered three skeins.

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home