Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Monday, August 08, 2005

Another yarn store

So I went to another yarn store yesterday (yep, on Sunday) and this one is really too close to work. I can WALK to it. I just thought I'd look around a bit and the woman working the registered came up to me and asked me if I needed any help (go figure) and then asked me what kind of things to I like to knit, yada yada yada, and then she noticed my orange maryland sweater and said, 'is that from maryland? a woman was just in here who said she went there too?

Then we just started talking and you could hear a class going on behind this wall and the register lady told me I had to go in the back and look at the instructor's bracelet. So I go to the back and the instructor (and owner I later found out) has this amazing knitted beaded bracelet that I now covet.

Any way, I actually saw real knitters, doing some pretty complex projects, but who more importantly seemed very nice. Lauren, the owner, started talking about all these events she wants to line up, like working with the wine store down the street to have a tasting, and knitting some bottle holders to go along with the event. And she wanted to organize a three-day event in the mountains where she would have a yoga instructor and a massage therapist along so participants could take care of their bodies and relax and knit all at the same time.

I was like, I'm really poor right now, but where do I sign!!!

So I didn't sign up for any of the cool stuff, but I did sign up for a continental knitting class. It didn't cost much, the homework was nothing and I might get an in with some cool knitters.

It's at the end of the month, I'll let you all know how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Okay, I am sick - and I do mean literally sick - with envy. I actually think I may have to leave work due to this sickness. My stomach is aching and my head now hurts and my heart - oh lord my heart. But most importantly - I've turned this horrid shade of green what with all this damn envy. I just can't believe you lucked into this place VV - although I will have to say that I'm really happy for you - seriously. Okay, when this woman gets this retreat lined up with a massage therapist - please let us know. We might have to make a trip to Seattle! Keep us posted. If you can get a picture of the bracelet please forward it on to us.

9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home