Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Oh What A Melancholy Night It Will Be!

Geez. No VV AND no Arati. And Arati's in the big city! Julie, what's this about you going to NY in August?! I'm so jealous. I have got to get somewhere! I'm working on an day or maybe two at the beach so that will have to be my "little NY". You guys can take pictures of yourselves next to the Empire State Building. Me - I'll try and take my picture next to a huge fish that someone catches at the beach. First of all I have to say that I can't believe that Arati didn't bring a single thing to work on. I think I bring somethign with me even to places that I know absolutely that I will not be able to knit. I'm not sure what I'm expecting. Maybe that I'll get in some sort of traffic jam on the way to or from where I'm going and that I'll need the knitting at that time. Of course you realize, Arati, that this gives you the absolutely most perfect reason to purchase a new project while there! Julie and I are thinking "we should be so lucky". I need a really good reason to purchase another project because I seem to keep purchasing more yarn and patterns and whatnot without one good reason to support that purchase!

Julie will attest that last night (the boy's first night of swim lessons) after only 30 minutes in the sun, we were just about to melt! Julie, however, being her always prepared self, is bringing a whole boatload of stuff to keep us below the melting point tonight - ice, water, washclothes to put in the ice/water to cool ourselves. Is she the best or what?!

Okay, gotta run for now. I'm dying to see the beginning of the tank tonight Julie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home