Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Friday, July 22, 2005

No knitters

So I got off work and headed straight for the chai shop (yep, they have those here) to try and meet up with some knitters and there were none to be had. Just a bunch of dreadlocked people sipping chai and a strong amount of patchouli incensing.

I got a cup to go (the knit up was to start at 6 p.m. and I got there at 7:30 p.m.) and headed home. The chai was horrible to boot. They even sold it in jugs so you can make it at home. No thank you.

I got an email from the stitch 'n' bitch user group that said there was a meetup on monday nights in a neighborhood close to me. I might try going two weeks from now. I've got training that keeps me at work until 9 p.m. this monday.

I saw a young thing knitting at an ice cream shop near my house. She was working with some hooker purple homespun with size 100 needles. I think she was actually doubling up the homespun and appeared to be making a very bulky scarf. I just walked on by. That was probably wrong of me, but I just couldn't get excited over a huge garter stitch scarf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Do you know why they didn't show up? They are obviously assholes. But I'm sure there are better knitters out there. Don't despair.

1:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home