Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Thursday, July 21, 2005

I'm here

I finally figured out how to get on this thing. Aren't you all proud?

VV, how are you adjusting to Seattle? Have you felt lonely and homesick, or are you into the adventure, or both? (Sorry if I have missed previous posts on this topic.) I hope you're happy with the house that you sweated bullets to find. I am a little jealous of you living in the big city with lots of yarn shops and temperatures under 96 degrees. (I cannot believe you are wearing a sweater. Just the thought of a sweater makes me woozy.) A cool spell here these days is when it goes down to 92 degrees with 99% humidity.

All the rest of you, I need you to ride my ass to finish this baby sweater that I started six months ago. All I have to do is weave in ends, seam the hood and attach buttons, but it has been sitting untouched in the closet for months. Pretty soon, the kid will be here and I still won't have it done. Help me be strong.

And everyone harass Julie to pick up the stitches for Andrew's vest. The longer it sits, the harder it will be to ever do it. Really!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home