Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Monday, July 25, 2005

Aargh!

Now that I've found the blog, you guys just can't shut me up. But I had to tell you all about my horrible mistake. I spent over two hours sitting at Great Yarns Saturday, forcing myself to pick up the 282 (282!) stitches around the edge of my bolero. I was so proud when I finished. Then last night, as I was starting the short rows, I realized I was eight stitches short. I realized, after a very long and annoying counting session, that I had picked up eight too few right in the center. And because there are short rows, it's absolutely crucial that I have the right number. So I have to go back and pick up at least 160 of those damned stitches all over again. Pray for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Oh honey, sweetie, baby girl! I am so, so feeling your pain! However, if anyone can do it you can. You are way more determined than I am. I would have just said the hell with it. Can't wait to see it.

7:46 AM

 
Blogger vv said...

First let me just say I feel your Aargh all the way out here and second of all I'm so proud of you Kristin, I think I would have just ripped it out. You must post a picture of it so I can see it.

8:27 AM

 
Blogger Kristin said...

Well, I have yet to go back and pick them up again. But I may attempt that tonight. I've come too far to turn back now. Will post a picture after I've fixed the horrible error.

8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home