Or how to keep in touch with your best knitwits when you live 3,000 miles away from them

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Okay Arati - free shipping here

I knew I'd seen a sight with "free" shipping. It's www.theknitter.com. They carry the Lorna's Laces but only the sock yarn. They also carry Debbie Bliss, Noro, and a bunch of others but no Rowan. I don't know if their prices are any better but free shipping is always a plus. Ooh, just noticed something else. KnixPixie carries the Lorna's Laces (all the weights) and they sale the sock yarn for only $8.00 while theknitter.com sales it for $10.00. I think one of hte reasons that I love KnitPixie so much is simply because the site is really bright and the colors show up really well. It just makes the yarn look that more enticing. Jimmy Beans Wool has a "flat" $4.00 shipping in the U.S. Also they have the cutest new free pattern that uses only one skein of Lorna's Laces "Angel" yarn - http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternAnnahat.asp. Also yarnmarket.com has a flat $5.49 shipping rate and I've ordered from them before. Anyway, that's it for my research so far. I'll keep you all posted.

Now go forth and order! Don't leave Julie and I alone in our ordering frenzy - oh - okay - so I'm the one with the recent ordering frenzy. I'm thinking that my children can live for another few weeks on macaroni and cheese!

1 Comments:

Blogger arati said...

Thanks, Beverly! I will check out KnitPixie right now. I may need to get some that "free" Katia Idea, too.

10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home